5 Ways To Improve Your Bond With Your Labrador:
1) Teach him new tricks!
(He’s a dog after all!)
2) Play games together!
(He loves to play games!)
3) Have fun playing tug of war or fetch!
(They’re great bonding exercises!)
4) Take walks together.
(It helps them bond.)
5) Be sure to have lots of toys around.
(Labradors love to play with things!)
In this article I’ll share with you 5 ways to improve your bond with your Labrador. Let’s get started!
How To Make A Labradoodle Happy:
If you’ve ever had a pet before, then you know that they tend to be very attached to their owners. They may even become like family members. However, it doesn’t mean that they will always be there for you forever.
So what can you do if your canine companion starts acting weird?
Well, you need to try something different. You could give up and move away from home, but that might not be ideal either. If you want to keep your Labrador happy, then it would be best if you take some steps to make him feel loved and cared for. Here are five ways to improve your relationship with your pet.
1) Give Him Your Full Attention:
As a teenager your dog might seem a bit boring to you. After all, you’re going through so many changes and your friends are so much fun to hang out with. However, when you get home your dog is always there to greet you.
He deserves your attention as much as anyone else. In fact, he would probably love it if you would pet him and spend some one-on-one time with him. Just turn off your cell phone and ignore the TV for a while. That’s all it takes to make him happy.
2) Take Him On Weekly Walks:
One of the best ways to keep your dog in shape is to take him on regular walks. He will always appreciate it if you go on these walks with him. You may even decide to bring a friend or sibling along, which will give him someone else to socialize with!
3) Buy Or Create A Dog Toy:
Your dog probably has quite a few toys laying around the house. However, he would probably like it if you took the time to buy or create a special toy just for him. This could be a brand new antler or even an old tennis ball.
If you notice that he is losing interest in his other toys, then it might be time to switch it up.
4) Play A Game Of Tug-Of-War:
Does your dog love to play tug-of-war?
Many dogs do, but they must always be supervised during this activity. You don’t want him to accidentally get his jaws on your hand! Another idea is to play fetch with him. This game will help you bond and keep him active. A tired dog is a happy dog!
5) Show Him That He Is Your Best Friend:
Sometimes we don’t realize how important certain things are to us, until they are no longer there. Your dog loves you unconditionally, so it’s important that you love him the same way. If you truly believe he is your best friend, then show him in every way possible.
This will improve your relationship and make him happy.
Show Your Lab You Care
Dogs are such affectionate creatures. They love nothing more than spending time with their owners. Even a short walk around the block is enough to make them happy.
However, if you really want to bond with your dog, then try some of these tips. They will be sure to improve your relationship with your pet.
Maybe he will feel comfortable enough around you to share his true feelings…
Sources & references used in this article:
- Your Labrador Retriever Puppy Month by Month: Everything You Need to Know at Each Stage of Development (T Albert, D Eldredge, D Ironside, B Ironside – 2016 – books.google.com)
- The Labrador Handbook: The definitive guide to training and caring for your Labrador (P Mattinson – 2015 – books.google.com)
- Two stage design in a community survey (JL Vazquez-Barquero, JF Diez-Manrique… – The British Journal of …, 1986 – cambridge.org)
- Labrador Retrievers for Dummies (J Walton, E Adamson – 2011 – books.google.com)
- … among nesting habitats of breeding herring gulls (Larus argentatus) and great black-backed gulls (Larus marinus) in Witless Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador … (AL Bond, SI Wilhelm, GJ Robertson, S Avery-Gomm – Waterbirds, 2016 – BioOne)
- Sociodemographic, psychopathological and clinical characteristics of pathological slot-machine gamblers in treatment: A descriptive study of Spanish male gamblers (A Fernández-Alba, FJ Labrador – International gambling studies, 2005 – Taylor & Francis)
- A qualitative study exploring factors associated with mothers’ decisions to formula-feed their infants in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada (K Bonia, L Twells, B Halfyard, V Ludlow, LA Newhook… – BMC Public Health, 2013 – Springer)
- Persistent solar influence on North Atlantic climate during the Holocene (G Bond, B Kromer, J Beer, R Muscheler… – …, 2001 – science.sciencemag.org)
- Oral anti-cancer agents in the community setting: a survey of pharmacists in Newfoundland and Labrador (R Abbott, S Edwards, J Edwards… – … Journal/Revue des …, 2011 – journals.sagepub.com)