Best Dog Coat Reviews:
Dog coat reviews are divided into two categories: waterproof and non-waterproof. There are many different types of dog coats available today. Some of them are waterproof, while others aren’t. Waterproof dog coats have certain features which make it possible for your pet to wade through water without getting wet or even dry off after they’ve been splashed with water.
These dog coats include those made from nylon, polyester, spandex and other materials. Non-waterproof dog coats are generally made of cotton or wool. They don’t provide any protection against water.
Waterproof Dog Coats:
The most popular type of waterproof dog coat is the one manufactured by Patagonia. You may purchase this brand’s waterproof dog coat at their online store or at some stores in your area. If you’re looking for a waterproof dog coat, then you’ll want to look for one that comes in multiple colors. Patagonia’s waterproof dog coat is available in black, brown, gray, navy blue and olive drab.
Other brands such as Puma and Outdoor Research also offer waterproof dog coats.
Non-Waterproof Dog Coats:
There are several other brands of non-waterproof dog coats available today. Among these are Houdini and GoreTex. Both of these dog coats are fairly popular among pet owners. The Houdini coat is one of the most popular non-waterproof dog coats on the market today.
If your dog isn’t a big fan of water, then this coat will probably keep him warm enough during cold winter months and won’t get wet even if he wades through puddles. Your pet can also wear his regular fur under this coat and it won’t be visible at all.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Coat variation in the domestic dog is governed by variants in three genes (E Cadieu, MW Neff, P Quignon, K Walsh… – …, 2009 – science.sciencemag.org)
- Hooded dog coat (C Mann – US Patent App. 29/089,095, 2001 – Google Patents)
- Reversible dog coat (P Wilson – US Patent 6,662,754, 2003 – Google Patents)
- Dog coat (S Lidis – US Patent App. 29/140,269, 2002 – Google Patents)
- Cooling coat (K Rissanen, N Thitz – US Patent App. 29/422,885, 2013 – Google Patents)
- Man’s best friend becomes biology’s best in show: genome analyses in the domestic dog (HG Parker, AL Shearin… – Annual review of genetics, 2010 – annualreviews.org)
- The domestic dog: man’s best friend in the genomic era (AR Boyko – Genome biology, 2011 – Springer)