Colloidal Silver For Dogs – Does It Really Work?
There are many types of colloids used in medicine. They include water, blood plasma, and even urine. All these different kinds of colloid have their own advantages and disadvantages. The main advantage of water is that it’s easy to get into your body and out again without any problems. Water is also very cheap!
So why not use it instead of other kinds of colloids?
Well, there are two reasons:
Water is easily absorbed through the skin. You may think that this would make it easier to take medication with water, but unfortunately this isn’t true.
Water does not dissolve well in the stomach or intestines (stomach lining). Some medications do not work well when taken with water because they don’t mix well in the stomach or intestine. Other drugs and supplements might cause diarrhea if mixed with water.
The second reason is that some medications and supplements do not work at all when mixed with water. That means that you will need to drink lots of water before taking them.
This could lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance which can affect your health negatively.
In addition, some medicines and supplements can interact badly with each other. If you combine certain medicines or supplements together, then you run the risk of getting toxic reactions such as liver damage or death from overdose.
The third reason why you shouldn’t use water is that it doesn’t provide any extra benefits. It’s cheap, readily available, and easy to get but it doesn’t help with anything except getting the actual medication into your body.
If you think about it, this doesn’t make a lot of sense.
If you’re taking a medication or supplement for a particular reason, then shouldn’t you take something that helps with that particular reason?
What Are the Other Kinds of Colloids?
You are probably familiar with water, and you already know that it is not a very good choice for taking your medication. There are other kinds of colloids which you might not be familiar with though. Here is more information about them.
Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF)
Cerebrospinal fluid is one of the types of colloids that is used in medicine today. It is a clear, colorless liquid that provides a protective layer over the brain and spinal cord.
It is mainly composed of water, in fact 90% of it is water. The other 10% of it is made up of vital nutrients and minerals the brain needs to function properly.
Why Is It Used in Medicine?
Sources & references used in this article:
- The New Era of Silver (J Hill – 2009 – Clear Springs Press Washington)
- Colloidal Silver (CV Pop)
- Pet Health and Household Cleaning Agents (S George – pinkkwater.com)
- NTS Logo Skeptical News for 10 June 2004 (A Cloete – collsilver.ca)
- A histochemical study on mixed tumours of the canine mammary gland (R Hart – smokinchoices.wordpress.com)