The first thing you need to do is to check if your dog is smart enough to understand what’s going on. If not, it will probably get bored with the routine and start barking at the screen. So make sure that your dog understands what’s happening before taking pictures or recording video footage. You can use a special collar for dogs which are equipped with an infrared light sensor so that they respond to human voice commands when activated. But there are other options too!
You can buy a small pet camera which is capable of capturing high quality images and videos. These cameras are very affordable, but their image quality isn’t up to the standard of professional grade equipment. They’re mainly used for pets’ entertainment purposes such as watching TV shows or playing games on their own devices.
There are also some pet cameras available for sale online which are designed specifically for pets, though these tend to have low resolution and poor picture quality.
Another option is to purchase a pet webcam. These are usually attached to a harness or leash and can be controlled remotely from anywhere in the world using Wi-Fi technology. Some of them even come with built-in cameras, allowing owners to view their animals’ activities from afar.
However, these cameras aren’t necessarily as user friendly as those mentioned above since they require additional setup procedures and sometimes they don’t provide the same level of privacy as a regular camera would offer.
These pet cameras will allow you to keep an eye on your beloved pets while you’re away. They can be connected to most types of smartphones and tablets so that you don’t have to view the footage on a computer monitor. All you need to do is to download an app and start watching!
If you want more information on the best pet cameras available for sale online simply contact us now!
You should consider the size of the SD card you’re going to use for your pet camera. This is very important because it will determine how much footage the camera will be able to record before it starts overwriting old files. Most SD cards come in a range of storage space, from 1GB to 64GB.
This means that if you choose a 16GB SD card for your pet camera, the footage it records can only last for 16 hours before it starts overwriting old footage.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Monitoring of pet animal in smart cities using animal biometrics (S Kumar, SK Singh – Future Generation Computer Systems, 2018 – Elsevier)
- Barking up the wrong tree: a qualitative study of the potential for dog-owner technology (L Hall, S McDonald, S Young – British HCI Conference, 2018 – sure.sunderland.ac.uk)
- System and method for computer-controlled pet water dispenser (L Kates – US Patent 7,380,518, 2008 – Google Patents)
- Clinical cardiac PET using generator-produced Rb-82: a review (KL Gould – Cardiovascular and interventional radiology, 1989 – Springer)
- OSP PCB (AADC Part, CBMMC Price, SP Shelves, AHQ Supplier… – sukhothai.go.th)