Homemade Dog Shampoo Recipe #1: The Best DIY Dog Shampoo For Fleas And Ticks
The best homemade dog shampoo recipe for fleas and ticks is very simple. You just need to mix 1 part water with 3 parts baking soda. Add some essential oils (optional) if you want.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comment section below!
3 cups warm water (not hot! Don’t boil!)
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 tablespoons coconut oil (or other non-greasy fat)
Directions: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until completely combined. Let sit at least 10 minutes before using. Do not use immediately after mixing.
Store unused portion in the refrigerator and use within one week.
You may also like:
Homemade Dog Shampoo Recipe #2: The Best Natural Flea And Tick Repellent
You’ll need the following ingredients:
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon of freshly crushed peppermint leaves (or 1 teaspoon of dried)
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Optional: Add 20 to 30 drops of an essential oil of your choice
Natural flea and tick repellent is a must if you live in an area where these insects are a problem. Since you’ll be working with a smaller amount of ingredients, it’s a good idea to get a small bowl or cup to mix everything in. The dog shampoo in this case can either be mixed before hand if you want to use it right away, or you can make more and store it in a bottle for later use.
Boil the water in a pan on the stove or microwave, then pour it into the mixing bowl and add the peppermint leaves or extract. Let the mixture steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, strain out the peppermint leaves and pour the liquid into a squeeze bottle or another container of your choice.
Add the vegetable oil and mix thoroughly, and add the essential oil if you’re using it.
To use: Gently squirt or massage the solution onto your dog’s coat, avoiding the eyes and nose. You can also use the shampoo in the bathtub for a full bath.
You may also like:
Homemade Dog Shampoo Recipe #3: The Quick And Easy Shampoo
This is a good, all-purpose recipe that you can use as a general or outdoor shampoo for your dog. It’s also pretty quick and easy to make, which is always a bonus when you need to give Fido a bath but don’t have a lot of time to do it!
Sources & references used in this article:
- SMART FACTORY www. glpurifier88. com www. ppbagwoven. com Empty Bb Cushion Compact Powder Case Carbon Steel T Head Bolts (C Failor – 2000 – Storey Publishing)
- Comparison of two shampoos for the treatment of canine Malassezia dermatitis: a randomised controlled trial (PMGB Tape, HOTB Machine, D St35, ITMSS Tube… – sukhothai.go.th)
- Pure Cotton Towels Small Fan dog cat pet leashes Stand Up Plastic Food Bags www. yihui-press. com (L Maynard, CA Rème, S Viaud – Journal of Small Animal …, 2011 – Wiley Online Library)
- Effectiveness of a combined (4% chlorhexidine digluconate shampoo and solution) protocol in MRS and non‐MRS canine superficial pyoderma: a randomized … (…, CRSHQ Supplier, SCCM Parts, APM Making… – sukhothai.go.th)
- Apparatus and method for shampooing dogs, horses and other animals (S Borio, S Colombo, G La Rosa… – Veterinary …, 2015 – Wiley Online Library)
- Making Kind Choices: Everyday Ways to Enhance Your Life Through Earth-and Animal-friendly Living (AP Bond, RW Brindle, AC Retzlaff – US Patent 6,948,451, 2005 – Google Patents)
- Safety of long‐term administration of a 0.01% fluocinolone shampoo in allergic dogs (I Newkirk – 2013 – books.google.com)
- Rational use of shampoos in veterinary dermatology (KM Beale, GA Kunkle, P Ginn… – Veterinary …, 2000 – Wiley Online Library)