Natural Dog Food: The Best Options For Your Pet?
The natural diet is one of the most popular diets among pet owners. Most people are interested in choosing a healthy diet for their pets because they believe it will keep them healthier than those fed commercial dog or cat food. However, there are many benefits to feeding your pet a natural diet too. Here’s why…
1) A Natural Diet Will Keep You Healthier Too!
If you feed your pet a diet containing grains, vegetables, fruits and other animal products, then chances are you’re not going to get all the nutrients your pet needs. If you’re like most people, you probably don’t have time to cook or buy organic foods.
And if you do have time to prepare these things yourself, then how long would it take before your kitchen becomes overrun with unappealing ingredients? Plus, what happens when something goes wrong with any of these items? What if you accidentally poison your pet?
A natural diet will provide your pet with everything it needs to stay healthy. That means no grains, no vegetable oils, no meat and no dairy products. These are some of the top causes of disease in dogs and cats. They also contain fewer calories than commercial foods, which means less weight gain for your furry friend.
2) A Natural Diet Is More Humane!
If you want to make sure your pet is eating something as close to its natural diet as possible, why not just give it animal meat?
By eating a natural diet, your pet won’t have to eat ground up animal parts and other refuse that’s been sitting around in a bag or can. It’ll be eating real food that tastes good and offers numerous health benefits. You’ll also save money because you won’t have to buy several different types of food for your pet anymore.
3) A Natural Diet Will Prevent Defective Dog and Cat Food From Entering the Food Supply!
The United States has the worst food safety regulations in the developed world. This is why so many pet foods have been recalled over the last decade for having deadly ingredients in them. The fact that they’re still being sold is a crime! By eating a natural diet, you can guarantee your pet is receiving all of the nutrients it needs.
Food poisoning is also less likely to occur when your dog or cat eats exactly what nature intended.
4) A Natural Diet Promotes a Longer & Healthier Life Span!
Remember how people used to live to be greater ages 100 and up not too long ago?
They didn’t have the food choices we have today. For the most part, they ate basic foods like meat, vegetables and fruit. A natural diet will help your pet live a longer life too. It also reduces the risk of most diseases and illnesses that affect pets today.
5) A Natural Diet Is Actually Cheaper!
Pets are living longer today. Dogs and cats now have an average life span of around 11 to 13 years. As they get older, their food needs increase and so does the price. This can really add up over time.
A natural diet will ensure your pet lives a longer life and you won’t have to make as many trips to the pet store.
6) A Natural Diet Promotes a Happier & Friendlier Pet!
Your pet will be happier and friendlier when it’s eating something enjoyable. You probably won’t have to worry about pawing at your counters or stealing food when you eat meat, vegetables and fruit. This will prevent your pet from becoming a nuisance to you or anyone else in your home.
7) A Natural Diet Is Good For The Environment!
Did you know that the meat industry is more harmful to the environment than all transportation combined?
Think about how much grain and water it takes to produce just one pound of hamburger. When you switch your dog or cat to a natural diet, you won’t have to worry about contributing to this problem anymore.
With so many benefits to feeding your pet a natural diet, there’s really no reason not to try it. Your pet will be healthier and so will you!
(Visited 8,815 times, 3 visits today)
Sources & references used in this article:
- The Everything Natural Health for Dogs Book: The healthy, affordable way to ensure a long, happy life for your pet (EW Gewirtz, JH Nuccio – 2009 – books.google.com)
- Canine Cuisine: 101 Natural Dog Food & Treat Recipes to Make Your Dog Healthy and Happy (C Cooper – 2013 – books.google.com)
- Natural Dog Food: Raw Feeding for Dogs: A comprehensive guide to healthy dog nutrition (S Messonnier – 2001 – Three Rivers Press)
- Feed your pet right: the authoritative guide to feeding your dog and cat (S Reinerth – 2014 – books.google.com)