Why Does My Dog Cry When He Plays With Squeaky Toys?
A Guide To Your Dog’s Favorite Toys!
Squeakies are toys that squeak or chirp when touched. They come in all shapes and sizes and some even have bells attached to them. Some squeaker toys are made out of rubber, plastic, metal, wood, paper, fabric or anything else that will vibrate when it gets wet. There are many different types of squeakers and they range from those that just squeak when you shake your hand, to ones that make a high pitched noise when shaken.
The most common type of squeaker is the one that makes a high pitched sound. These kinds of toys are usually used for training purposes because they teach your dog to associate certain sounds with things such as food or play. Another popular kind of squeaker is the one that makes a low pitched sound. These kinds of toys are often used for training purposes because they teach your dog to associate certain sounds with other things such as barking or growling.
What Is The Purpose Of Playing With Squeaky Toys?
Playing with squeaky toys helps train your dog to learn what they mean when they make a particular sound. If you are training your dog, you can use squeaky toys to teach them commands and even how to act in public. One example of this is if someone coughs or if there is an emergency such as a fire alarm going off, you can get your dog used to hearing that sound by getting them to squeak the toy every time they hear it. This way when they are out in public and they hear that same sound, they know exactly what it is and how to react to it. Other options for squeaking toys is to get them used to hearing certain sounds in the house that they may find startling when they are older. This way when you do need to discipline them, they will already be used to the sound of a squeaky toy and will not think that it is something new.
How Can I Teach My Dog Not To Be Aggressive When Playing With Squeaky Toys?
If you are using a squeaky toy to teach your dog not to be aggressive when playing, it is best to get them when they are a puppy. You will need to show the dog that every time you make that squeaking sound it means it is playtime. They will learn that the sound means of play even if you are not directly playing with them because they know that whenever they hear it, you will be playing in a short period of time. As they get older you can show them that the sound also means meals, walks and sleep. This way whenever they hear that sound, good things are going to happen to them.
Can Dogs Be Aggressive When Playing With Squeaky Toys?
Yes, it is certainly possible for a dog to be aggressive when playing with squeaky toys. If you have a squeaky toy as a pet and it is chewing on it and making that squeaking noise, this can be very annoying. It can also cause your dog to become slightly aggressive when playing with squeaky toys because they may do it just to annoy you. If your dog is being aggressive when they play with squeaky toys then you need to find what is causing them to do this and then find a way to correct the problem.
Children’s Favourite Squeaky Toys For Dogs
1. West Paw Zogoflex Tux Interactive Treat Dispensing Dog Toy Buy On Chewy The West Paws Company makes some of the best squeaky toys for dogs on the market today.
They are made with a specialized non-toxic chew resistant material that is completely safe for your dog and is virtually indestructible. They come in a range of different shapes and colours and even have a special built-in compartment where you can hide your dogs treats so that they have to work harder to get them out. This toy will help keep your dogs mind active and will give them something to do so that they are not getting into trouble around the house. You can get this toy in three different sizes so you can get the right one for your dog based on their weight.
2. KONG Extreme Dog Toy: Large Buy On Chewy Kong are a very well known brand when it comes to dog toys and for a very good reason.
They make fantastic toys that last a very long time, even with the most aggressive of chewers. The best thing about the Kong range of squeaky toys is that they are all extremely durable but they also offer different types of toys for different styles of play. This KONG Extreme is perfect if your dog tends to be an aggressive chewer because this toy was specially designed to be extremely durable. This toy will also help to clean your dogs teeth as they play with it and keep them from getting bored and anxious when you are not at home or cannot play with them.
3. Multipet Nuts For Knots Real Cowhide Squeaky Dog Toy, Small Buy On Chewy This toy from Multipet is made with real cowhide so it is extremely durable and will last a very long time even with heavy chewers.
It is incredibly tough, but also flexible which is great for a dog that likes to play aggressively andFlat seams ensure that your dogs gums and teeth do not get irritated while they are playing with this toy. There are three squeakers built into this toy, one in the head and one in each foot, all of which are made out of latex and are very loud so you know when the dog is playing with it. This toy is great for keeping your dogs mind active and will help to stop them from getting bored and becoming destructive while you are not at home.
4. JW Pet Company Orka Interactive Plush Squeaky Toy, Colors Vary Buy On Chewy This plush squeaky toy from JW Pet is very soft and cute looking so it is great for playing fetch or just for cuddling up to when the play has worn out.
It has a squeaker inside which will keep your dog’s attention and keep them amused for a long period of time even if they are not typically interested in squeaky toys. This toy was made with machine washing in mind so it is extremely easy to keep clean and you do not have to worry about it becoming damaged or destroyed if your dog decides to try and eat it. This toy is ideal for any dog regardless of their age, size or breed.
5. West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Extreme Dog Ball, Large, Green Apple Buy On Chewy This extremely tough and durable ball from West Paws is great for any dog that likes to play fetch or just likes to have a ball around the house to play with.
This ball floats too, so it is ideal to take to the park or even on vacation with you because you do not have to worry about losing it in the water or over long grass. It can also be used for playing catch and this ball will not become damaged if your dog chooses to try and chew it which is great if you have a heavy chewer. This The bright color makes it very easy to see whenever your dog decides to hide it under furniture or somewhere else out of sight. This ball is available in a three sizes so you can get the perfect size for your particular breed of dog, and it is available in three different fun colors, orange, green and pink.
The Extreme Zisc is the ideal toy to keep your dog entertained whenever you are not able to play with them yourself, and it is great for them to play with alone when you have to go out or do chores around the house. It will maintain their fitness level and keep them from getting bored and finding destructive ways to occupy their time.
6. Multipet Nuts For Knots The Bulldog Soft Rubber Dog Toy, Colors Vary Buy On Chewy This extremely cute looking toy is great for keeping your dog occupied and entertained.
It has been designed to be soft but durable so no matter how much they play with it, it will not become destroyed or damaged. This toy is great for playing fetch and you can even put a treat inside to make it even more interesting for your dog. The soft rubber construction of this toy makes it ideal for heavy chewers and if your dog does manage to damage the toy then it will not hurt them in any way.
This is a great toy for keeping your dogs occupied and happy when you are busy doing other things. It is designed to be soft and flexible but also tough and durable so you do not have to constantly replace it like you would with some toys. This one comes in a two pack so there is another one for your dog to play with when this one is in the wash.
This little toy is great for playing fetch and it floats on water, so your dog can chase after it whenever it lands in a puddle. The bright colors are attractive to dogs and the durable design is great for them to chew on and play with. The holes in the center of the toy make it light enough to float, so your dog can happily retrieve it from whichever body of water they happen to drop it in. This toy is flexible but also tough so even the most persistent chewers aren’t going to damage it.
The holes on the sides of the toy are large enough for you to be able to get your hand in and hide a treat for you dog to find.
9. Goughnuts Grow Autographed Baseball Buy On Amazon This unique looking toy is great for keeping your dog occupied when you are busy doing other things. It has been designed to be extremely tough and durable so even the most persistent chewers won’t be able to damage it. The unique design also allows you to custom mold it to your dogs exact bite strength so that it lasts even longer.
The toy is designed to be safe and digestible so if your dog does manage to damage it in some way then they can simply eat the pieces that come off the toy with no ill effects.
8. Multipet Look Whos Talking Ball Buy On Amazon This fun looking toy is great for playing fetch with your dog and will help strengthen the bond between you through playtime. The dog toy squeaks every time it is squeezed which means your dog is sure to love it. The unique construction of this ball also allows you to get inside it to squeak it yourself which makes it much more fun for playing fetch as your dog gets able to return it right back to you.
This toy can be thrown easily in a way that makes it bounce so that your dog can easily chase after it. It has been made with a soft but durable material that is strong enough to last but also soft enough to not hurt your dog if they step on it. The bright colors are attractive to dogs and will keep them interested for hours at a time.
6. Nylabone Dura Chew Double Flavor Bone Buy On Amazon This long lasting chew toy is great for keeping your dog entertained when you are busy doing other things. It has been designed to stand up to even the strongest chewers and is made from a durable chew resistant material. This toy is also flavored to keep your dogs interest and has an erratic shape that will make it bounce in unpredictable ways when thrown which will give your dog more fun when playing fetch with it.
This great toy comes in three different sizes so you can find the perfect one for your dog. It is made to be safe, non-toxic and even has a minty flavor. The price of this toy is great too and will easily last as long as you want to keep your dog occupied.
4. Multipet Look Whos Talking Dog Toy Buy On Amazon This adorable looking toy allows you to record up to twenty seconds of audio through a built-in microphone so that your dogs can actually listen to you whenever they are playing with the toy. This is great for keeping them company when you are at work or out running errands and can even help in training your dog.
This toy has a unique shape that is perfect for dogs to hold in their mouth but difficult for them to grab with their teeth which means it will last a lot longer than other toys. It is also lightweight so that if your dog does manage to throw it, it will travel a lot further which means more fun for your dog.
3. Goughnuts Original Dog Chew Toy Buy On Amazon This high quality chew toy is great for helping your dog to work out any built up anxious energy that they might have and it will keep them happily chewing for hours without being destructible like most other toys. It comes in four different sizes so you can find the perfect one for your dog and it can also help keep their teeth nice and clean which means less dental bills for you.
The outer material is made from a special material called poromerics that is designed to be extra durable and also flexible so that it is resilient against even the toughest chewers. It comes in several different colors and also floats so that you can throw it into water for some fun summertime play.
2. Nylabone DuraChew Ring Buy On Amazon This bottle shaped dog toy is perfect for playing fetch with your dog or just giving them something to chew on. It has been designed for powerful chewers, but is still safe to be enjoyed by all dogs. It is made from special durable material that can withstand the toughest of play and it even has bristles on the inside for cleaning your dog’s teeth as they play.
This toy comes in three different sizes so you can choose the one that is perfect for your dog and its shape is even perfect for catching so that you can play fetch with it easily.
1. Goughnuts Interactive Color Bone Buy On Amazon This interactive toy is great for keeping your dog mentally stimulated and is also super durable so that it lasts a very long time. It can be used for playing fetch with your dog and then they can enjoy chewing on it for hours afterwards. The thick raised rubber ridges are perfect for cleaning your dog’s teeth as they chew and the durable material ensures that the toy will not fall apart or break.
The large size is perfect for larger breeds and it floats in water so that you can take it to the park or even the pool to play with.
Conclusion Those are our picks for the top 10 best toys for dogs, we do want to hear your thoughts though.
Do you agree or disagree with our list? Do you think that we have left out a particularly good toy for dogs?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Inside of a dog: What dogs see, smell, and know (A Horowitz – 2010 – books.google.com)
- Understanding guide dog team interactions: design opportunities to support work and play (C Millan, MJ Peltier – 2006 – Harmony)
- How to Listen to Your Dog: The Complete Guide to Communicating with Man’s Best Friend (S Hauser, R Wakkary, C Neustaedter – … of the 2014 conference on …, 2014 – dl.acm.org)